Wednesday, September 15, 2010

VMA -- Very Much Anticipated..

This past Sunday, MTV aired the 2010 Video Music Awards. Of course, I cleared my schedule and put off all my homework for Monday's classes. I was ready for an fun show, hopefully one that would top last year's antics. What could happen this time? Would Taylor Swift interrupt Kanye's performance? Would Justin Bieber fall going up the steps to get one of his awards? Nope. Nothing. Nothing exciting happened during this show at all. Needless to say, I was very disappointed I didn't wait until the reruns on MTV to watch it, and even more disappointed that I missed the season finale of both Entourage and True Blood for a mediocre show with a mediocre host. I do love Chelsea Handler - I mean, who doesn't? - but I feel that she fell short this time. Some of her jokes were funny, but most were not. One thing was for sure - she was not as outstanding as I or any of my friends hoped she would be. I think she should stick to hosting her show on E!.

One thing I an say about the show this year is that the world's most eccentric performer, Lady Gaga, did not disappoint. Of course, I think all of her outfits are completely absurd and entertaining, but I was actually feeling really bad for the people who were in a twenty foot radius of her -- not only were her headpieces probably obstructing their view, but that dress made out of MEAT? She must have smelled awesome.

Hopefully next year the VMAs will go back to being as entertaining as they once were..

No comments:

Post a Comment